Last Updated: 06/26/23
1 Introduction and Definitions
Whenever you see the following terms, they mean:
* “Card” means the Highbeam Card issued by the Issuer and provided to you for your use in connection with the Company’s platform account.
* “Platform account” means the account with us established by the Company to which Transactions associated with the Card are recorded.
* “Company” means the company with whom you are associated who has applied for or established a platform account with us.
* “Issuer” means Thread Bank, the issuer of the Card.
* “Transaction” means a transaction initiated by you using the Card on behalf of the Company, such as to make a purchase of goods or services with a merchant or engage in any other permissible transaction under these Terms.
* “you,” “your,” or “Authorized User” means you, the person that has been authorized by the Company to receive and use a Card to initiate Transactions that will be associated with the Company’s platform account.
* “we,” “us,” or “our” means Highbeam, Inc..
2 The Card
If you request and are approved to receive a Card, you will become an Authorized User on the Company’s platform account. Although your Card will be linked to the platform account, records of any transactions involving your Card will be maintained separately from transactions associated with all other Cards linked to the platform account.
Your Card must be activated before you can use it. You can activate your Card by following the instructions provided with your Card or by contacting email@example.com.
Important information about procedures for obtaining a Card: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information identifying each person who opens an account, including any Authorized Users who may access an account. This means that before a Card can be provided to you, we will ask for information that allows the Issuer to identify you, including your name, legal address, Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number, date of birth and other information that will allow the Issuer to identify you. We also may ask for a driver’s license or other identifying documents from you. By obtaining a Card, you agree to provide us with the information requested by the Issuer or our service providers from time to time.
3 Using Your Card
You may only use your Card for lawful and bona fide business Transactions on behalf of the Company. You may not use your Card for personal, family or household purposes. You also agree that you will not use your Card for “Prohibited Transactions,” meaning:
* Transactions for personal, family or household purposes.
* Transactions that violate any federal, state or local law or regulation.
* Transactions related to any business involving adult entertainment, cannabis, cryptocurrency, gaming, or online gambling.
* Any other types of prohibited Transactions about which we have notified you from time to time.
4 Card Authorization Holds
When you use your Card to initiate a Transaction at certain merchants, including restaurants, gas stations, hotels, and rental car companies, a hold may be placed on your Card which may differ from the actual Transaction amount. Such a hold will reduce the amount that is available to you for Transactions until the hold is released.
5 Card Limits
Your Card is subject to a spending limit that determines the maximum amount of Transactions you may initiate using the Card. There may also be other types of limits on your use of the Card. We or the Company will inform you of any limits that apply to your use of the Card.
6 Other Important Information
6.1 Card Security
It is important that you protect your Card and any associated information concerning your Card to prevent unauthorized use, misuse or fraud. You and the Company are responsible for securing your Card and any associated card numbers (including the CVV), login credentials, PINs, security codes or any other security features provided to you in connection with your Card.
6.2 Prohibited Cardholders
The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Asset Control (“OFAC”) administers and enforces economic sanctions programs against countries and groups of individuals. You represent and warrant that you are not currently and will not become subject to an OFAC list. Additionally, you represent and warrant that you are not currently and will not become subject to any law, regulation or other list of any government agency that prohibits or limits us from allowing you to use a Card, initiate Transactions associated with the platform account, or from otherwise conducting business with you.
6.3 Legal Compliance
You agree to follow all laws, regulations, and card network rules that apply to your use of the Card and any Transactions you initiate.
6.4 Third-Party Service Providers
6.6 Contacting Us
If you have questions about your Card or Transactions, you may contact the Company or us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.6 Amendments to these Terms